Friday 21 May 2010

Arlesey NR


Ed and set out with my new (rubbish) generator to try some trapping at Arlesey NR. Conditions were good and we did OK from 21:45 - 23:00 before my generator stopped working!! we were plagued by green carpet!

Green carpet x 14
white ermin x 1
pale tussock x 3
pale prominant x 1
scorched carpet x 5
flame shoulder x 7
shuttle shaped dart x 1
hebrew character x 1
Brimstone x 5
common Swift x 4
Red twin spot carpet agg x 1

one of the scorched carpets:
Certainly worth a trip with a more reliably genny!!!

In my trap at home I had a decent hawl with lots of new Micros (now with David manning for ID!), treble lines, treble-bar, lime hawkmoth and white ermin. I also had the 2 moths below, an ID help would be great... (thanks Matt for the IDs)

Moth 1 - Melanistic Grey Pine CarpetMoth 2 - Seraphim

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan,

    Looks like a Melanic Grey Pine Carpet top- is there any pine there?

    Bottom looks like Seraphim

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    cheers for the IDs, there aren't any big plantations near me but odd pines exist and I've caught pine beauty before so I'll go with your ID :-)

    thanks!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete